We now own from Aladdin through Schenley, including the bridge over the Kiski River built in
1899 (our interchange with Norfolk Southern), by the Pencoyd Bridge
Company of Philadelphia.
The above is history of our main line.
Our Branch line to Bagdad was
originally part of the Pennsylvania Main Line Canal,
western division, that traveled from Pittsburgh to
Johnstown built in 1827.In 1857 the canal was sold to the
Pennsylvania Railroad who filled it in and built railroad
tracks on the top.
This railroad line traveled from
Schenley to the Kiskimere coal mine just west of Apollo.
1960's Allegheny Ludlum builds the Bagdad
Plant and at some point Conrail sold off from our MP4 to
Our remaining track stops one mile short
of the town of Leechburg.
Along our tracks are original canal
remnants, old coal mine remnants, and the former Schenley
Our U.S. Post Office has been here since 1916
and still serves all 72+ residents.
We have over 200
summer campers and a Yacht Club who boat on the
Allegheny and Kiski Rivers,
A spectacular 100+ year old
Lock # 5, beautiful scenery, abundant wildlife.
A real working railroad that
started over 150 years ago.
The Kiski Junction Railroad is an
independent common carrier short-line.
We are NOT part of or owned by a
short-line conglomerate or larger railroad company.